Disclaimer : This article may contain affiliate links, this means that at no cost to you, we may receive a small commission for qualifying purchases. Learn more
After spending a long period in hiking or other outdoor activities, your body demands a sound sleep. This helps to regain the energy for the following day. So, you probably need to ensure a comfortable bed in night. Nothing can be useful as air mattresses.
Besides, It is not only comfortable but also helps to get rid of body pain. Choosing the best camping air mattress is a complicated process.
Without the best one, you are not going to get the full benefit. So, here I am going to share the complete buying guide with reviews on top products.
Why Do We Need Camping Air Mattress?
You can’t carry the conventional mattress for camping. But air mattresses come with portable design and deflation system. So, it is easy to transport.
Basically, the best part is that you can customize the firmness of it until you are pleased. It is much comfortable than a sleeping bag. You can inflate and deflate the mattress instantly. So, storing the mattress is also easy.
During the camping, because of different tough activities, you may face pain in muscles and joints. But the air mattress helps to get rid of the pain by relaxing the muscles. So, you can start the next day with total enthusiasm.
How to Choose the Best Camping Air Mattresses?
Have you got the worst experience with a low-quality air mattress?
Then you should look for some essential features in the product. These features ensure you are getting the right product.
- Compact Design:
Air mattresses that come with lightweight are easy to carry. But larger mattresses are more comfortable. So, you need to balance between the weight and the size. However, for individual person, small air mattresses or queen size is ideal.
You need the air mattress to ensure the comfort, right? So, choose the comfortable one that holds your body perfectly. Look at the product features if it has support for neck and head or not. It will be better if there is a backache support.
For carrying the mattress, make sure it comes with a carrying bag. Also, choose the internal pumping process for the convenience.
For using the mattress for a long time, choose a durable one. Though it is difficult to identify. But you can read some customer reviews. You can also read the review section of the article to get some durable products.
- Warranty and Support:
Most of the air mattresses come with at least one-year warranty. Try to pick a product that has excellent customer support too.
Top 10 Camping Air Mattresses
Let’s take a look at our top picks of the best camping air mattresses that you can consider :
10. Intex Comfort Plush Elevated Air Mattress
This is one of the best inexpensive air mattresses that come with a compact design. It is designed with built-in AC electric pump for inflating. Ideal to use for two persons. The external part is waterproof. Perfect to carry for camping.
- Included duffle bag for carrying and easy storage.
- Maximum weight capacity is 600 pounds.
- Built-in electric pump to inflate the mattress.
- It takes maximum 3 minutes for inflating.
- You can customize the firmness.
- Lightweight design to carry with less effort.
- Soft touch exterior to increase the comfort.
9. SoundAsleep Dream Series Air Mattress
If you have a reasonable budget, should purchase this unit. It is constructed with the ComfortCoil technology. This ensures the total body support for the user. The waterproof flocked top help to use the mattress wherever you want.
- Thick and durable exterior for the longevity.
- Patented EZ pump for one-click inflation and deflation.
- Included a carrying bag.
- Cord storage integrated with it.
- Sure-Grip bottom to avoid unwanted sliding.
- 1-year guarantee from the manufacturer.
8. Etekcity Upgraded Air Mattress
This is one of the best camping air mattresses that is ideal for a single person. It is constructed from the nontoxic, durable material. It remains the same flat all over the night and ensures the accurate posture of sleeping. Muscles get to relax, and you will regain your energy.
- Comes with a compact design for easy transport.
- Built-in electric pump for inflating.
- Double layer puncture-resistant material construction.
- Weighs only 13.15 lbs.
- Maximum weight capacity is 550 lbs.
- Includes the necessary accessories.
- 1-year warranty from the manufacturer.
7. AeroBed Mattress for Kids
If you are going to the camping with your family, this is the ideal air mattress for your kids. It is constructed from heavy-duty PVC for the durability. No need any additional pump. It comes with AC pump that inflates and deflates the mattress within a minute.
- Designed with 4” high surround safety cushion.
- Soft and comfortable exterior.
- Included a mattress pad which is thick and washable.
- Weighs only 10.3 pounds.
- It holds up to 150 lbs.
- Limited warranty is available.
6. Coleman Premium Double-High SupportRest Airbed
Looking for economical air mattresses with excellent quality? Then you should purchase this one. It comes with the premium ComfortStrong coil construction for the durability. It weighs only 7.31 pounds which is just perfect for carrying.
- Double lock valve system keeps the mattress inflated all the night.
- Luxurious and soft exterior to ensure excellent comfort.
- Built-in electric pump for inflating.
- Zippered carrying bag for transport.
- High-grade material for the sustainability.
5. OutdoorMaster QuickMatt Air Mattress
This is a queen size inflatable mattress that you can use for camping. It is the best air mattress for family tours. It is designed with the air matrix coil support system that helps to get relief of muscle pain and backpain.
Moreover, it built with extra thick materials for the longevity. However, it is a little bit heavy.
- Built-in 130W electric pump for easy inflation and deflation.
- It takes maximum 4 minutes to be prepared.
- 550 pounds weight capacity.
- Designed with flocked top.
- 1-year money back guarantee from the manufacturer.
4. WonderSleep Classic Series Air Mattress
If you have enough budget but have confusion to choose the right product, this one is recommended for you. It is constructed with the DreamCoil technology. It ensures the right firmness and maximum support. You will have a sound sleep with it.
- Built-in powerful electric pump for inflation and deflation.
- Ideal to use for two persons.
- Waterproof and extra thick flocked top.
- Made of puncture resistant material for the longevity.
- Easy storage with a convenient travel bag.
- Lightweight design for easy transport.
3. SoundAsleep Camping Series Air Mattress
No matter if you don’t have a higher budget, you can grab this inexpensive air mattress. If you are an adventurous person, will love this mattress a lot. You are not going to feel something extra when carrying it. Also, it easily accommodates in a camping tent.
- Constructed from eco-friendly PVC.
- Available in both queen and twin size.
- Built with the ComfortCoil technology for better sleep.
- The rechargeable inflating pump is included.
- The pump comes with heavy duty rechargeable battery.
- Limited 1-year warranty.
2. Premium Single Air Mattress
If you are an individual person who is passionate about camping, no need to spend lots of money for a single air mattress. This premium air mattress from “The Body Source” is enough for you. It is a compact air mattress that is easy to carry and store.
- Constructed from 15-gauge puncture resistant material.
- Extra thick and hard-wearing exterior.
- Waterproof flocked top to use in all season.
- Integrated electric pump for faster inflation and deflation.
- Built-in raised pillow for head and neck support.
- Carrying bag and puncture repair patches included.
1. Air Comfort Camp Mate Inflatable Air Mattress
Struggling to find the best air mattresses because of the budget? Then try this unit from “Air Comfort.” It is designed for camping and other outdoor tours.
On top of that, the exterior is ultra-soft and comfortable. It is constructed with the advanced ComfortCoil technology that keeps you comfortable during sleep.
- Comes with external inflating pump.
- The inflator is battery powered.
- Dura-grip slip resistant bottom.
- Waterproof and flocked top for the convenience.
- It takes maximum 4 minutes for inflating.
- Limited 1-year manufacturer warranty.
Wrap it up
Among the variety of air mattresses, the above products have got a lot of positive feedbacks. Customers are highly pleased with the quality of these products.
Though they are inflatable mattresses, in most of the products, you don’t have to use an additional pump. They come with built in electric pump.
Based on your budget and requirement, you can purchase any of them. Make sure you are buying from the original manufacturer to claim the guarantee or warranty.