For the rock climbing enthusiast, knowing the right rock climbing shoes for women is the starting point to an adventurous day out. Choosing the best rock climbing shoes for women provides an incredible grip on the rock without compromising on durability.
If you have had unfavorable experiences with rock climbing shoes, then this list will do you justice this season.
Here are the things to consider before buying the climbing shoes products :
- Buy at reputable shops:
if it’s your first pair and you are yet to learn what the experts know, buy at reputable mountain shops. The staff will guide you professionally since in most cases, they have experience in rock climbing. They allow you to try the shoes out for best fit.
- Buy an all-around rock shoe:
buying all-purpose rock climbing shoes is recommended especially for beginners. Get rock shoes with slightly stiff soles and a high-cut leather upper to provide the much-needed protection to your ankles. Chose the shoes that allow you to test different terrains as you improve in climbing skills.
- Get a snug, comfortable fit :
for the best climbing experience, the shoes should be snug yet comfortable. Chose shoes with large enough toe box to loosely fit your toes. If the toe box is tight, climbing will be extremely difficult.
- Remember rock shoes do stretch:
since rock shoes stretch with use, it is crucial that you go for those with rubber bands and lining as these types don’t stretch that much.
- Avoid improper sizing:
this is very common where people climb rocks will ill-fitting shoes. This problem is partially caused by the difficulty in converting from US, UK, to European sizes and the other way round. The best option is to test the climbing shoes before purchasing.
- Buy used shoes:
You will save big buying used climbing shoes. There are many people who start out climbing then lose interest, hence sell their gear at lower prices.
Do a test run at the climbing shoe shop before buying to see what works for you.
- Start by renting:
Whenever you rent climbing shoes for women, this method will give you the chance to test all the options before committing to one that impresses you.
Get your best rock climbing shoes right away which are our top picks:
10. Butora Endeavor Tight Fit Climbing Shoe
This climbing shoe has a lower cut on the ankle and heels to suit female climbers. It is designed to give you precision and power whenever you need it. It has a slightly asymmetrical toe shape to follow the natural line of your foot comfortably.
Also, its triple fork webbing feature provides for custom fitting. It is designed to exceed your expectation.
- Lined with organic hemp to resist odor development and minimize stretching.
- Has split-leather foot bed to wick moisture, custom fit your toes and improve comfort.
- Full-length midsole made of variable length polyurethane to provide precision edging, rigidity, and torsion.
- Extremely sticky rubber sole for maximum grip.
9. La Sportiva Katana Shoe – Women’s
The hoop and loop closure climbing shoes are suited for every type of climbing activity you may wish to handle. It’s adaptable Pacific lining makes the forefoot comfortable. The Dentex at the back provides reliable moisture management.
Therefore, the opposing hoop and loop closure creates tension that brings about a perfect fit. It’s Laspoflex midsole is very lightweight and provides maximum rigidity suited for rock climbing activities.
- Great closure for every climbing experience
- Adaptable Pacific lining for knuckle comfort
- Dentex at the back provides moisture management
- Precise fit using the adjustable hoop and loop
- Lorica toe box providing maximum power to handle the edges
8. Evolv Axiom Climbing Shoe
Designed with a low volume top of the foot, the Evolv is a non-aggressive climbing shoe when flat-toed and provides high performance when down-sized.
So, the lace up shoe offers the best comfort and precision to any level of climbing experience. The rubber sole is designed for high friction and is durable.
- Made of leather and rubber
- Synthetic leather used for the heel and arch area for support
- Can be downsized for better performance
- Perfectly positioned tongue with the tongue lock system
- Easy to use with the speed lacing system
- Comes with a free action-packed climbing DVD.
7. Scarpa Women’s Helix Climbing Shoe
Enjoy the classic performance of the Scarpa women climbing shoes. It provides excellent comfort and foot protection. It’s available in up to size 50. Moreover, the cushion sticky grip helps climbers achieve their performance demands.
- Made of leather and synthetic material
- Strong grip rubber sole
- Foot protection and increased performance due to the passive rubber rand.
- It can be sized for comfort and performance
6. La Sportiva Women’s Climbing Shoe
This climbing shoe is for all terrains and suits the woman looking for one shoe that will do it all. Its shape is suited for high performance without putting pressure on the toes.
On the other hand, the lacing system ensures you get a snug and precise fit. It’s unlined leather delivers comfort to the feet. So, you can stand on micro edges on rock faces due to the aggressive rubber heels.
- Fast lacing system
- Leather upper
- Advanced Performance
- Excellent edging
- Very comfortable
- Durable and made for all terrains
5. Evolv Elektra Climbing Shoe
This is the top selling rock climbing shoe for women in the US. It is designed to offer a unique combination of value, performance, and comfort. Also, it perfectly suits beginners and can be used in the gym and on the rock.
Most women with low volume feet find this product very reliable. The TRAX rubber is properly balanced for friction and edging power for the best performance in all temperatures and rocks.
- Asymmetrical profile
- Synthetic upper with nylon lining for comfort
- 1mm thick half length midsole
- High friction rubber
4. La Sportiva Solution Climbing Shoe
This rock shoe features the P3 permanent power that retains the downturned shape. The lock harness system provides that wraps the foot to offer a secure fit. It also has the fast lacing system that allows for tailoring the hook and loop for a custom fit.
- Synthetic material
- Patented power platform to maintain the downturned shape
- Patented lock harness for improved support
- Molded 3D heel cup
Fast lacing system
3. Rogue VCS Climbing Shoe
The rock climbing shoe from Five Ten provides high-performance climbing experience. They have been doing world-class rubber testing at their R&D facility in California. And yes, the women climbing shoes are designed for comfort and high performance.
- US made
- High friction rubber sole
- C4 rubber
- Velcro strap/elastic
2. Force X WMN Climbing Shoe
This performance-oriented climbing shoe is designed with dual power strap closure for secure comfortable fit. It’s luxurious padded lining with suede footbed provides exceptional fit and comfort. More importantly, the Vibram XS Edge offers maximum grip and durability even in torturous terrains.
- Rubber sole
- V•tension randing system for maximum power
- Dual power strap
- Luxurious padding
1. Oxygym Rock Climbing Shoe
Oxygym women’s climbing shoes from La Sportiva features hygienic WashTex fabric that keeps the shoe can. The breathable fabric on the inside promotes moisture wicking. Its hook and loop closure system makes it easy to personalize the shoe for all round climbing.
- WashTex external fabric to keep the shoe clean
- Very comfortable for extended use
- Hook and loop system
- Excellent for all round climbing
These shoes are super lightweight and they offer the most needed traction. They fit like a glove but your feet will stay comfortable as you climb. They have breathable tongue and moisture wicking. Forget those shoes which you have been renting and think about these ones.
Besides, you will be using them to climb in the gym, overhanging sport routes or crack climbing. So, your foot will love the innovation which these shoes highlight. Get your shoe right now and start climbing those rocks with ease.