Disclaimer : This article may contain affiliate links, this means that at no cost to you, we may receive a small commission for qualifying purchases. Learn more
Table of Items list
- 10. Combination Knife/Tool Sharpening Stone
- 9. Sharpening Stone for Knives, BearMoo Professional Waterstones Combination
- 8. KING Grain Sharpening Stone, #1000, Medium
- 7. DeBell Double Side 400 Grit and 800-Grit Sharpening Stone
- 6. Tatara Sharpening Stone 3000 & 8000 Grit – Double Sided Japanese Whetstone
- 5. Bora 501057 Fine/Coarse Combinations Sharpening Stone, Aluminum Oxide
- 4. BearMoo Whetstone 2-IN-1 Sharpening Stone 3000/8000 Grit Waterstone, Knife Sharpener Rubber Stone Holder Included
- 3. Lansky Puck – Dual Grit Multi-Purpose Sharpener – Blade & Tool Sharpener
- 2. KING KW65 1000/6000 Grit Combination Whetstone with Plastic Base
- 1. Premium Sharpening Stone 2 Side Grit 1000/6000 Whetstone
I have equipped my kitchen with the latest kitchen tools and accessories including knives and cookware. I must admit, one of the hardest tasks in the kitchen is ensuring that my kitchen knives are sharp always.
So, in order to keep kitchen knives in a perfect working condition, you need to have the best sharpening stones. In this review, I will provide a list of the best sharpening stones for kitchen knives and also give some ideas on how to identify the right ones.
Here are the factors you need to consider before buying any sharpening stone for your kitchen knives:
- The grits:
The best sharpening stones need to have both coarse and fine grits.
You need to check whether the sharpening stone can be used with other knives as well.
- The size:
You don’t want to buy something which will consume all the space in your house, do you? Then check the size!
Checkout our top list picks for the Best Sharpening Stones For Kitchen Knives right down below:
10. Combination Knife/Tool Sharpening Stone
This is one of the best sharpening stones available on the market. It boasts both medium and fine grit to ensure that you sharpen your kitchen knife to the required sharpness. And yes, it also boasts a superior wear-resistant construction which is made of aluminum oxide. Given it versatile construction, this sharpening stone can be used to sharpen all types of kitchen cutting tools including scissors and knives.
- It can also be used dry or wet.
- It’s backed by a 100% guarantee.
9. Sharpening Stone for Knives, BearMoo Professional Waterstones Combination
This particular sharpening stone offers a coarse and fine side for you to sharpen your kitchen knife to the required sharpness effortlessly. The coarse side boasts 2000 grit to work on the edges while the fine grit side boasts 6000 grit which makes it perfect for polishing and finishing the edges and also touch-ups on those knives which are already sharp. The fact that it comes with all the instruction makes this sharpening stone even better.
- It features clearly demarcated edges and corners.
- It features a versatile design and can be used with various knives.
8. KING Grain Sharpening Stone, #1000, Medium
King Deluxe sharpening stone for kitchen knives is another great product available on the market this year. I own several and I can attest to their perfect design and top-tier performance. Each King Deluxe sharpening stone features 24 sheets to ensure that your knives are adequately sharpened for ultimate performance.
- It features 12 colors.
- It’s made from Japan.
7. DeBell Double Side 400 Grit and 800-Grit Sharpening Stone
With a two-sided design for both coarse and fine gritting, this sharpening stone offers adequate sharpening of your kitchen knife guaranteeing ultimate performance and impressive results. The coarse side features 400 grit while the fine side boasts 800 grit for better finishing and smoothing of the edges. Made from Silicon Carbide, this is a top-grade sharpening knife boasting ultimate durability.
- It features a non-slip base for added stability.
- It can be used with kitchen scissors, sushi knives, garden tools, kitchen knives and shun Chef Knives.
6. Tatara Sharpening Stone 3000 & 8000 Grit – Double Sided Japanese Whetstone
Tatara is a great sharpening stone you need to add to your cart this year. First, it features a great design which allows you to sharpen your knife to razor-sharpness. Whether it’s the chisel or axle, this sharpening stone will offer razor-sharp sharpness. It’s made from top grade aluminum oxide which doesn’t require you to spend more money on oil since it can work with water perfectly. The non-slip bamboo holder further makes this one of the best sharpening stones on the market.
- It has both coarse and fine grits.
- It’s backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
5. Bora 501057 Fine/Coarse Combinations Sharpening Stone, Aluminum Oxide
Bora 501057 sharpening stone is another option you could use if you want to keep your knife in a tip top condition. The coarse side boasting 150 grit and the fine side boasting 240 grit ensure ultimate performance. The ideal dimensions make it even better for kitchen use since it saves on the space in your kitchen.
- It’s perfect for bench work.
- It works with all kitchen tools.
- It’s backed by a 1-year guarantee.
4. BearMoo Whetstone 2-IN-1 Sharpening Stone 3000/8000 Grit Waterstone, Knife Sharpener Rubber Stone Holder Included
BearMoo is a market-leader in the manufacture of top-grade sharpening stones for kitchen knives. This particular sharpening stone features a top grade dual sided construction which makes it ideal for sharpening of the edges as well as the polishing and finishing. The coarse side features 3000 grit while the fine side boasts 8000 grit for added convenience.
- It features corrosion and heat-resistant edges.
- This sharpening stone works with all knives.
- It features non-slip base.
- It’s backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
3. Lansky Puck – Dual Grit Multi-Purpose Sharpener – Blade & Tool Sharpener
Lansky is easy to use sharpening stone designed to deliver the best sharpening for all your kitchen knives and other cutting tools. Given the versatile construction, it can also be used in the field to sharpen your hunting and outdoor knives.
- It boasts fine and coarse sides.
- It works with all types of knives.
2. KING KW65 1000/6000 Grit Combination Whetstone with Plastic Base
I have been using this sharpening stone with my kitchen knife as well as the hunting and bowie knives. It features coarse side which boasts 1000 grit and a fine side which features 6000 grit for better performance. It’s affordable and offers real value for your money.
- It comes with a plastic storage case.
- The size is perfect.
1. Premium Sharpening Stone 2 Side Grit 1000/6000 Whetstone
Finally, this premium sharpening stone closes our list. This is the best sharpening stone available on the market. It isn’t just a single piece but a complete set of all the tools required to give your knives the required sharpness. Given its versatile construction, you can use it for sharpening hunting knives, scissors, pocket knives and kitchen knives.
- It comes with an eBook for a detailed guide.
- It’s user-friendly.
Wrap it up
Unless you want to spend hours slicing through meat and vegetables in the kitchen, then you need to get the sharpening stone for your kitchen knives. Given the options listed above, you can never go wrong!