Disclaimer : This article may contain affiliate links, this means that at no cost to you, we may receive a small commission for qualifying purchases. Learn more
Table of Items list
- 1. Swagman XC Cross-Country 2-Bike Hitch Mount Rack (1/1/4 and 2-Inch Receiver)
- 2. Saris Bones 2-Bike Trunk Rack
- 3. Allen Sports Deluxe 2-Bike Trunk Mount Rack
- 4. Allen Sports Ultra Compact Folding 1-Bike Trunk Mount Rack
- 5. TYGER Deluxe Black 3-Bike Trunk Mount Bicycle Carrier Rack.
- 6. Yakima Products RidgeBack Hitch Bike Rack
- 7. Cyclingdeal 1 Bike Car Roof Carrier Rack Bicycle Racks With Lock
- 8. New Upright 2 Mountain Bike Rack Hitch Carrier 2″ Rear for SUV VAN Truck Bike Rack
At times we want to move around the world with our car and bikes aboard. Could be from your house to the beach and back or may be for a picnic. Whether you are seeking to transport your bike and your kids’ bike for a long or short distance with your car, the process can be a bit challenging especially without a bike rack for your car.
Even with a bike rack, making sure your bike(s) reach the destination safely without messing with your car is also quite a challenge. The best way to make sure your bike arrives safely is by choosing the best bike racks for your car to achieve the best results during and after transportation.
Let take a look at the factors to consider before buying bike racks for cars:
- The size:
You have to pick a size which is convenient for your bike. For instance, if you want to move with two bikes, you can’t pick the same size as if you were moving with a single bike. You have to ensure that you pick the right size.
- The material:
The material is also quite crucial. Don’t pick one of those flimsy bike racks since they’ll eventually disappoint you. Instead, go for something made using a sturdy material.
- The price:
The price is also quite crucial. Go for something whose price reflects its quality. Of course, the price has to be convenient and reasonable.
Here are our picks for the best bike racks for cars:
1. Swagman XC Cross-Country 2-Bike Hitch Mount Rack (1/1/4 and 2-Inch Receiver)
Starting our list of the best bike racks for cars is the Swagman bicycle carrier for two bikes. Although it is fairly expensive, the way it works makes it worth purchasing. It secures the bikes at the wheels and on the frame to ensure your bikes are safe and more stable. This bike racks also has adjustable hooks for fitting bikes of different sizes. It fits on vehicles with both 1-1/4” and 2” hitch receiver.
- Up-to two bikes.
- Accommodates both all 1-1/4” and 2”.
- Fairly costly.
- Only for vehicles with hitch receiver.
2. Saris Bones 2-Bike Trunk Rack
Made of pure recyclable non rusting material, Saris Bones 2-bike trunk rack is yet another incredible product. It’s one of the best looking items on the market with a tested design and style. It’s a high performance product that is worth the price. It has a strong frame which delivers utmost durability. It’s convenient for vehicles with or without spoilers making it quite versatile and reliable. If you’re looking for something worth the extra bucks, you can try this bike rack.
- Easily adjustable.
- Made of rust-resistant material ensuring durability.
- Compatible with many vehicles.
- Fairly costly
3. Allen Sports Deluxe 2-Bike Trunk Mount Rack
With a design that is convenient for sedans, hatchbacks and SUVs, this bike rack is capable of holding up to two bikes. It features a patented tie-down system for utmost safety of your bike. With only a few dollars you can purchase this car bike rack for holding your bikes in position on your car during transportation. Its single configuration design takes away the hassle of complex installation and long setup process.
- Fits most vehicles
- Cost friendly
- Holds up to two bikes
- No flaws as of now
4. Allen Sports Ultra Compact Folding 1-Bike Trunk Mount Rack
If you are looking for a single-bike bike rack, then this one is good for you. Its design allows you to fold it down to a very small size. The bike rack has a padded spine to protect the bike and comes with a bag to carry your rack when not in use. The tie-downs and padded design keep the bike in position thus reducing risks of the bike falling.
- Cost friendly
- Easy to fold and fit in a bag when not in use and for handy transportation
- It’s a one bike trunk mount rack.
5. TYGER Deluxe Black 3-Bike Trunk Mount Bicycle Carrier Rack.
If you want to mount more than two bikes onto your car then this is the best bike rack for you. It can hold up to three bikes and with its padded lower frame and a safety strap, the bikes are kept safe away from the vehicle. The quick installation and easy setup process make this bike rack for trucks quite reliable and convenient.
- Holds up to three bikes
- Cost friendly
- Quick installation
- Not recommended for vehicles with rear spoilers
- Requires extra adaptor bar for the mounting of bikes with no top frame bar.
6. Yakima Products RidgeBack Hitch Bike Rack
Yakima bike rack has an upper hand lever that tilts the rack down the car to access and during storage this lever folds the bike rack flat. With some removable zip strips, your bikes are held secure. The locking of this bike rack is also tool free therefore making it easy to install. Although quite expensive, this product is worth your money.
- Tool free lockingSpeedknob helps in easy and quick installation
- Lever system helps in vehicle access and also folding of the bike rack.
- Holds more than one bike
- Fairly expensive
7. Cyclingdeal 1 Bike Car Roof Carrier Rack Bicycle Racks With Lock
Looking for the best bike rack to fit on the roof top of your car? Then this bike rack is the right option. This bike rack will fit all sizes of bicycles and has straps for securing the wheels of your bike. It accommodates all kinds of bicycles including the ones with no top flat bar. It’s the best option for the cars with the rear car spoilers.
- Cost friendly
- Fits on both cars with or without rear spoilers
- Fits all kinds of bicycles.
- There’s none as of now
8. New Upright 2 Mountain Bike Rack Hitch Carrier 2″ Rear for SUV VAN Truck Bike Rack
New Upright two-bike rack for cars wraps up our list of the top eight bike racks for car trunks. Its hitch rack mount can hold up-to two mountain bikes or beach cruisers. It favors all vehicles with 2” hitch receiver from cars to trucks and SUVs. With the adjustable wheel chocks it is possible to carry two bikes with different lengths; yours and your kid’s. This is the hitch bike rack for you and your kid.
- Cost friendly
- Fits all vehicles with a 2” hitch receiver
- Favors only cars with a 2” hitch receiver.
When looking for the best bike racks for car trunks, you definitely want to have an ideal item. Armed with this information, buying bike racks has never gotten easier! Simply grab one of these racks and travel without worries.