The world we live in is surrounded by gadgets, which we use every day to perform various tasks. These devices rely on power from batteries, and in order to use them without any interruption we must ensure that they have enough power to operate. In order to keep your batteries fully charged for a greater amount of time, and to guarantee its longer life, make sure you are charging with one of the best household battery charger available on the market.
Why do you need a battery charger?
For the purpose of charging your AA and AAA batteries, you will surely need a small and portable household battery charger.
A quality charger keeps all of your batteries charged and this helps to prolong their lifespan in the long run. We have compiled a through buyer’s guide to assist you select a good battery charger, if you are looking for one or replacing an old product, reading the following will surely help.
Factors to consider before buying the best household battery charger
- Number of batteries it holds:
Commonly battery chargers can usually charge between two to eight batteries to charge simultaneously. The number of battery you need to charge at a single time will greatly influence your choice while looking for a household battery charger.
- What battery size will the charger support:
Most chargers are compatible with AA and AAA batteries, the type of batteries you find yourself using often will determine the charger you will buy. If you want to charge 9V, C or D-size batteries, check carefully for a model that can.
- Does it have a charge indicator and auto shut-off?
Some chargers have lights or an LCD to indicate when the charging process has been completed or it is still charging. Advanced LCD battery chargers have digital displays so you know when to remove the battery. You may want to look for a charger that has an auto shut-off feature so that your battery does not overcharge and you risk any personal damage.
- Socket type:
This depends on the region you want to use the product in, and on the type of wall sockets you have in your house. You should consider the socket type available and supplied operating voltage (120v or 220V) for your region before buying a charger. If they do not match with the charger you buy, additional third-party adaptors will have to be purchased.
- The Price:
You will definitely have to consider what budget you have, and the money you are willing to spend on the charger. If you are going to use the device often, it will be better to invest in a quality one.
Now let’s see the ten best household battery charges
Using an inferior charger will damage your batteries, therefore we recommend you always use a quality and reliable product. After much research we have compiled a list of the
Table of Items list
- Let’s Take a Look Our Top 5 Best Seller & Special Offer
- Let’s Take a Look at Editor’s Picks
- 11. Bonai AA/AAA LCD Battery Charger with USB Input
- 10. Mr. Batt Universal C D 9V AAA AA Battery Charger
- 9. La Crosse Technology BC700-CBP Alpha Battery Charger
- 8. Nitecore i2 Intellicharge Charger for AAA AA Li-Ion and NiMh Batteries
- 7.Efest 4213 LUC V6 6 Bay Multi-functional Charger
- 6. KINDEN 18650 Smart Battery Universal Intelligent Charger
- 5. Sando Intelligent Universal Charger with SEWE LCD Display
- 4. Tenergy TN438 16 Bay smart charger with LCD and built-in IC Protection
- 3. EBL 8 Bay AA AAA Battery Charger
- 2. Zanflare LCD Display Speedy Universal C4 Smart Charger for Rechargeable Batteries
- 1. Basen 4-Slots intelligent Universal Battery Charger
Let’s Take a Look Our Top 5 Best Seller & Special Offer
Let’s Take a Look at Editor’s Picks
11. Bonai AA/AAA LCD Battery Charger with USB Input
The Bonai charger is simple and can simultaneously charge a maximum of 4 AA/AAA Ni-MH type batteries. All thanks to its design, there is no need to worry about overheating, over-charging and a short circuit. Portable and small in size, you can easily carry this charger around with you. Charging time for most batteries using this product is around 5-6 hours.More Info / Buy on Amazon.com
· Individual charging status for each slot, this feature will come very handy.
· LCD Display.
· Slim and portable, ideal for travelling.
· Protection against wrong polarity and over-charging.
· Support for USB input.
· Trickle charging mode, helps maximize the capacity of the battery to full.
10. Mr. Batt Universal C D 9V AAA AA Battery Charger
This is an amazing charger, it is a one solution for all your charging needs as it is universal and accepts all common battery sizes. Mr. Batt’s charger can hold 4 pieces of AA and AAA, and 2 pieces of 9V batteries and charge them in 3 different modes.More Info / Buy on Amazon.com
· Can charge and discharge batteries.
· LCD designed to show charging progress of batteries.
· LED indicator for 9V batteries.
· High capacity charge, batteries will hold up to 85% of charge after an year of no use.
9. La Crosse Technology BC700-CBP Alpha Battery Charger
Making use of simple buttons for operation, this charger works with all NiCd and NiMh rechargeable batteries. All thanks to its multiple charging current compartments, you can select a different charging current for each channel.
This charger will automatically default to a 200 mAh charge, which is the optimal setting to ensure a prolonged battery life. This charger supports 4 modes of charging, which are testing, refreshing, discharging and charging.More Info / Buy on Amazon.com
· Has 4 modes – charge, discharge, refresh and test.
· An LCD display which shows the charge percentage for each battery compartment.
· Can simultaneously charge 4 AA/AAA type batteries.
· Operates on 100-240V AC input, making it ideal for use while travelling internationally.
· Detects overheating, an essential safety feature.
· 3 different charging rates supported.
8. Nitecore i2 Intellicharge Charger for AAA AA Li-Ion and NiMh Batteries
You can monitor and independently charge two batteries using this small sized charger. Compatible with Li-1ion and NiMh/NiCd batteries and optimized for charging them. The Nitecore i2 can also automatically stops charging once it detects that a battery is completely charged. It is constructed from a durable flame-resistant ABS material body to ensure maximum safety. 3 colored flashing LEDs will also catch your attention if something is wrong.More Info / Buy on Amazon.com
· Capable of charging two batteries at a time.
· 3 color LED displays charging progress.
· Each battery slot monitors and charges independently.
· Automatic detection of battery status, and selection of appropriate voltage and charge mode.
7.Efest 4213 LUC V6 6 Bay Multi-functional Charger
The Efest has got you covered if you need to charge four or more batteries of different common sizes at once. It has a six-bay support for all of your battery charging emergencies. Additionally, you can monitor each slot separately using the LCD display. On paper it is equips with two charging modes, but keep in mind that the user can only use slot 3 and slot 4 for 2.0A charging.More Info / Buy on Amazon.com
· It has a high-quality LCD display.
· Features over-current, over-voltage, short-circuit, and reverse polarity protection.
· Charges up to 6 batteries and has two optional (0.68A and 2A) charging mode.
· Each slot has an independent monitoring and charging current function.
6. KINDEN 18650 Smart Battery Universal Intelligent Charger
One of this charger is enough to charge 4 different types of batteries at the same time due four of its sliding polarity slot. The KINDEN smart battery charger universal has a large LCD, which displays all needed information about the battery being charged. This charger is compatible with Li-ion, NiMH and NiCd batteries.More Info / Buy on Amazon.com
· Universal charger, compatible with most batteries we use every day.
· 4 different charging slots, and each slot charging load maximizes at 800mA.
· PC+ABS construction to ensure heat-resistance and fire prevention.
· EMC Electromagnetic compatibility, and power board isolated from other boards to ensure safety.
· LCD display states voltage, current, charging time, mode, battery type, internal resistance and battery capacity data.
· Each slot has a high-precision sliding polarity bracket, which moves easily and is treated to be anti-corrosive.
5. Sando Intelligent Universal Charger with SEWE LCD Display
This intelligent product from Sando adopts negative voltage control technology to improve charge efficiency and power management. Being only 5.0 x 2.6 x 1.4-inches in overall dimension, this portable charger can charge 2 batteries and houses a built-in LCD to monitor the charging progress. It also has reverse connection protection, if by chance you insert the battery the other-way-around, the screen will splash.More Info / Buy on Amazon.com
· High definition LCD display real time charging status.
· Charges two batteries simultaneous, and a set of independent LED indicators.
· Stops charging automatically if the temperature of charger or battery gets too high during charging, and it also features over-charging protection to protect batteries.
· Made from a durable ABS material.
· Optimized for charging IMR batteries.
4. Tenergy TN438 16 Bay smart charger with LCD and built-in IC Protection
This universal charger allows you to use any combination of AA and AAA type batteries and is great if you have multiple devices which need batteries to operate. The Tenergy TN438 is great for commercial use and is equipped with two easy to read LCD panels which provide all relevant information regarding the charging or discharging status of each battery. Large volume of slots eliminates the need for multiple chargers and cuts down on charging time. All 16 slots on this charger function independently of each other!
This charger will keep you prepared, whether your family needs batteries for toys and gadgets or you are a small business owner who constantly needs stock of power supplies.
· Saves time as it charges 16 AA and AAA batteries at the same time, great for commercial usage.
· Large and easy-to-read LCD panels display charging and discharging statue of each battery independently.
· Provides full protection against overcharging, overheating and reverse polarity.
· Eight-hour safety protection will help save energy and prolong battery life.
· The packaging includes a worldwide 100-240V AC adapter with the charger, that way you can charge your batteries anywhere you go.
3. EBL 8 Bay AA AAA Battery Charger
The EBL 8 Bay charger can charge a maximum of 8 (AA, AA and Ni-Cd/Ni-MH) rechargeable batteries concurrently. The product is ETL certified which proves that it has been independently tested and meets the applicable published standards. It will automatically turn on trickle charge and overheat-detection to prevent over-charging, due to its unique charging.More Info / Buy on Amazon.com
· Has a high charge capacity of 2800 mAh.
· Good at shedding heat and automatically stops charging when voltage reaches 3.4V.
· Supports 100-240V 50-60Hz input, so you can use it worldwide.
· Can charge up to 8 AA or AAA batteries at a time.
· 4 LEDs show the status of charging, and it uses Trickle charge mode to juice up your batteries.
2. Zanflare LCD Display Speedy Universal C4 Smart Charger for Rechargeable Batteries
Support for batteries of different specifications ensures that you never have to worry about which type of battery you can actually charge. Zanflare is offering you a quality product with 4 charging slots, and an LCD display to monitor the information of the battery. Furthermore, you can also use this charger as a power bank – to do so simply insert two 18650 batteries into the slots provided. A must-have product if you are in the constant urge of charging your phone and batteries.More Info / Buy on Amazon.com
· 4 charging slots, and an LCD to monitor the progress of the battery.
· This charger also doubles as a power bank.
· 4 different options to choose from – 300mA, 500mA, 700mA and 1000 mA.
· 3 modes available for charging.
1. Basen 4-Slots intelligent Universal Battery Charger
You will love the option to charge at different modes in this charger, users can press a button on the right to switch between 05.A / 1A / 2A. This power battery charger has a special charge and discharge management circuit, which will prevent overcharge and short circuit.More Info / Buy on Amazon.com
· Users can switch between 3 charge modes by pressing a button – 05.A / 1A / 2A
· When the battery is full, the charger starts overheating protection and stops charging the battery automatically.
· Has 4 charging slots, the user can monitor the status of each battery independently.
Wrap it up
The number of chargers available in stores can confuse you in deciding the product you wish to buy.
To solve the problem, feel free to use this buyer’s guide to compare between different chargers and selecting one, provided that it meets your requirements and budget.