If you wish to keep an important document in the best of shape for years to come, it is important that they are maintained in the right condition. This requires proper binding and shaping of the documents.
Hence it is quite common for many of us to make use of the best paper trimmers and cutters.
Moreover, they typically come with specially enabled blades. The users can line up a number of pages and place it atop the cutting board. Pressure can then be applied and these trimmers and cutters can uniformly slice and cut dozens of pages with the least effort.
Why Do We Need Paper Trimmers and Cutters?
There are quite a few reasons as to why there is a big demand of paper trimmers. They come with a very decent cutting capacity and will be able to cut 10 or more number of sheets quite effortlessly and perfectly.
The cutting process can be done quite seamlessly. Hence if you spend some time and lookout for the right trimmers with quality clamps it certainly will go a long way in making your job of cutting papers easy and convenient. It will help you to ensure that all your valuable books, manuscripts and documents remain in the best condition at all points of time.
Surprisingly, the paper trimmers and cutters could also be useful for small businesses to get into quality binding work without having to spend a fortune on it.
How To Choose The Right Paper Trimmers?
With so many options being available there is no doubt that choosing the right trimmers could be a tough task. However, if you follow a few of the following tips you could avoid making the wrong choice.
You must be sure about the volume which you will handle using these trimmers. Based on this you could either go in for high volume cutters or the ones that are suitable for low volume cutting.
The kind of paper that you will be cutting and the numbers you will be guillotining also needs to be kept in mind.
10. Cobee Paper Trimmer Titanium 12 inch A4 cutter
The Cobee Titanium Paper Trimmer, a quality trimmer with automatic security safeguard. It is perfectly suitable for craft paper, label and coupon and also black photos.
More importantly, this trimmer can easily cut A3, A4 and A5 sized papers. It can cut perfectly at 45 degree and 90 degree angles.
- The guillotine is perfectly suited for cutting paper, cardboard and other items quite easily.
- It has a patented track system which helps in 100% accurate cutting and trimming.
- The safe pressing design help enhance safety of the cutter.
- It may not be able to replace scissors and knives fully.
- Getting new blades is a problem for a few.
9. Paper Trimmers – 12 Inch A4 Titanium Paper Cutter
It comes with a number of features including automatic security safeguard facility. It also has a unique safe pressing design.
This paper cutter works only when the blade is pressed making it safer when cutting. It comes with features that are quick to use and convenient in more ways than one.
- It is perfectly suited for precision cutting.
- The versatile, light weight and easy to port around
- It comes with a 100% money back guarantee.
- Nothing very negative about it except perhaps it is priced a bit on the higher side.
8. VViViD 12″ Guillotine Blade Gridded Paper Trimmer
Looking for that straight, precise and accurate cut of papers and other stationery items? The VViViD 12 inch guillotine could be the right answer. It is a high quality cutter and the full length high quality steel blade comes with lock for safe storage.
On top of that, this paper trimmer also come up with the curved blade makes regular contact with cutting surfaces possibly, so it could be one of the best choices for any small or medium sized office.
- The platform is made from high quality metal which is long lasting.
- It comes it accurate measurements and grid patterns.
- It can cut around 5 to 10 sheets of paper depending on weight.
- Ergonomically designed, it can be stored quite easily and safely.
- It offers very good value for money.
- The blade quality may leave quite a bit to be desired.
- A few customers feel that it does not commensurate with the price paid for it.
7. Dahle 508 Personal Rolling Trimmer
Dahle Personal Rolling is one of the best trimmers which is working well for paper cutting. It perhaps is one of the best looking and ergonomically designed cutter in the market today.
Besides, it also looks stunning in the blue-colored platform. It can cut up to 18 inches in length and the capability of cutting 7 sheets in one attempt.
- It has a self sharpening blade which makes it possible to cut on both sides.
- The metal base is quite sturdy.
- It comes with pre printed guides making it user friendly.
- The cutter has the tendency to move around.
- Hence it needs to clamped and fixed in a single position.
- Alignment is a problem for a few users.
6. X-ACTO Heavy Duty Wood Guillotine Trimmer
This is a 15 inch cutter packed with a number of features. If you looking for quality paper cutters and paper trimmers this could be the right choice. It comes with a solid wood base and rubber feet. They provide a stable and steady platform.
- It can easily cut 15 sheets in one go.
- The rubber grip ensures control and quality grip over the cutter.
- The latch and safety guard help operation to be risk free.
- The wooden platform is not of the best quality.
- It wears down with time impacting the overall quality in a few cases.
5. HFS (R) New Heavy Duty Guillotine Paper Cutter
If you are looking for commercial grade and heavy duty trimmer and cutter, this could be the choice. It can cut an amazing 400 sheets in a single pass. It comes with an adjustable clam which helps in accurate and precise cutting over and over again.
- It could help in saving paper and create flyers of half page.
- The razor sharp blade can cut through one and half inch of stacked paper.
- The blade can easily be replaced.
- It does save time and energy when large scale cutting and trimming is required.
- The adjustment knobs holding the clamps in place often become loose.
- This leads to improper cutting in a few cases.
4. Fiskars 12 Inch Recycled SureCut Trimmer (01-005454)
This trimmer is considered perfect for trimming coupons, office stationeries, photos, cards and much more. It comes with triple track system which is patented. This helps in straight and clean cutting without too much of a bother. It can cut 12 sheets of paper in one go. It also has a unique Sure Cut Wire Line offering accurate cutting.
- It comes with lifetime warranty.
- It comes with a cut line indicator which helps the user to find out where exactly the cutting will take place.
- The blade is made from environment friendly material.
- Though it promises 12 sheet cutting, it often fails to deliver on this promise.
- It lacks sturdiness and therefore longevity might be a question mark.
3. Westcott 12″ TrimAir Titanium Wood Guillotine Paper Trimmer
Westcott without any doubt is known for coming out with the best trimmers and cutters and therefore this model holds out lot of promise. It has a number of interesting features including anti microbial protection which help to keep paper and other material free from microorganisms.
- It has a contemporary and attractive design.
- It also can easily slice through 30 sheets.
- Safety guard for additional protection.
- High quality titanium blade.
- 30 sheets may not always be possible to cut in one go especially when the blade ages.
2. Jielisi 12-inch Titanium Scrapbooking Paper Trimmer Cutters
If you are looking for a perfect cutting tool for A4 and A5 papers then this could be the right choice. It is suitable for cutting cards, pictures, labels and other such stationeries. It also comes with a high quality guillotine that is suitable for even slicing through card stocks and chipboards.
- It is perfectly suit both for office and schools and even homes in many cases.
- It can cut through papers seamlessly and in straight lines.
- This paper trimmer could be the right choice for daily trimming and cutting requirements.
- It is user friendly and simple measuring and cutting is all that is required.
- Some doubts have been expressed about the accuracy of the cutter.
- It lacks cutting guide and therefore new users might find it a bit difficult.
1. Swingline Paper Trimmer / Cutter, Guillotine
Coming from the house of Swingline, this trimmer and paper cutter is capable of cutting 10 sheets in one go. It can accommodate cutting up to 12 inches length. It is made from high quality plastic which ensures that the trimmer is light in weight.
For instance, it also has a protective rail safety guard feature which ensures protection at all points of time. This trimmer/cutter also has a blade latch hook which help in locking the blade properly.
- Because it is lightweight it is easily portable.
- It comes with a unique alignment grid and dual scale ruler. This helps in perfect measurement.
- Offer good value for money back with the best of warranty and guarantee terms.
- A few customers feel that the grid/handle/blade is not properly aligned.
- It may not be the best option for papers that are thin.
Wrap it up
We are sure that the above reviews and the information contained before it will help customers to make an informed and knowledgeable choice.
It will help them to come out with cutters which will transform their homes, offices and other commercial establishments but making routing cutting and trimming jobs less strenuous and much safer.