The photographic lighting is crucial when taking a photo hence lighting umbrella is necessary. The light bounces off the umbrella which then diffuses it. This makes the light even and ideal for quality images. By the use of more lighting umbrellas positioned at different angles, it completely eliminates the shadows thereby giving a very clear image. With the many lighting umbrellas available in the market you might find it difficult identifying the one that suits you best.
That is why I have come up with a review of the best available in the market. Any buyer can feel free to use the information for decision making.
Lets take a look at our top picks for the best photographic lighting umbrella kits that you should have in your studio :
Table of Items list
- 8. Linco Lincostore Photography Photo Portrait Studio Lighting 600W Umbrella Continuous Lighting Kit for Video Shooting AM126
- 7. Excelvan Photography Lighting Kit 10×6.5FT 1250W Daylight Umbrella and Backdrop Support Stand and 3 Background 9x6FT, White Black Green
- 6. LimoStudio Photography White Photo Umbrella Light Lighting Kit, AGG1754
- 5. Fancierstudio lighting Kit (DK2) Umbrella Lighting Kit, Professional Lighting for Studio Photography, Portrait Lighting, continuous lighting kit and Video Lighting
- 4. Emart Photography Umbrellas Continuous Lighting Kit, 400W 5500K, 10ft Backdrop Support System with Vinyl Plastic White Wood Floor Background Screen for Photo Video Studio Shooting
- 3. Julius Studio Photo Studio Kit 6 x 9 ft. Green White Black Muslin Backdrop Screen & Supporting System, Umbrella Reflector, Light Bulb, Soft Box Light Diffuser, Socket, Tripod Light Stand, JSAG195
- 2. Neewer 600W 5500K Photo Studio Day-Light Umbrella Continuous Lighting Kit
- 1. Photography Photo Portrait Studio 600W Day Light Umbrella Continuous Lighting Kit by LimoStudio, LMS103
8. Linco Lincostore Photography Photo Portrait Studio Lighting 600W Umbrella Continuous Lighting Kit for Video Shooting AM126
Get quality images with this continuous lighting kit. It comes with all in one bag for carrying all the lighting kit and bulbs. The 3 light heads are newly designed with the beautiful look and a smooth place to hold in the hand. Additionally, the umbrella is photo white with professional light bulbs that have a color temperature of 5500k. The natural light is very essential to prevent the photo from having yellowish or bluish tint effect. The three stands are stable and lightweight for easier adjustment. For portrait photography exposure this kit provides partial light, but it is adjustable depending on the distance. Other than being small in size it is also easier to carry. Buy this compact and high-quality product and you will be satisfied with the kind of service.
- It uses 40 watts 5000k photography bulbs for lighting.
- It provides 3 point lighting effect which can be adjusted by using high or low contrast.
7. Excelvan Photography Lighting Kit 10×6.5FT 1250W Daylight Umbrella and Backdrop Support Stand and 3 Background 9x6FT, White Black Green
Save your energy with this lighting kit. With 9 feet and 6 feet backdrop. Its light proof nature ensures it reduces the color differences. It is fitted with energy saving 250 watts bulbs that to provide continuous lighting ideal for cameras and videos. One interesting thing about this kit is that is compatible with all major photo types of equipment like the reflector umbrella, softbox, background and photography light. In addition, the photo umbrella is made 33 ‘’ is made of high-quality nylon construction that eliminates glare and spots. The umbrella is also lightweight and easy to set up. The E27 bulb holder can be mounted on most light stands. This light kit is ideal for fashion shots, photographic reproduction as well as events such as weddings.
- The E27 bulb can be mounted on any standard light.
- It contains the most indispensable backdrops measuring 9 feet by 6 feet.
6. LimoStudio Photography White Photo Umbrella Light Lighting Kit, AGG1754
Create your studio easier with this white photo umbrella. The movable stands have solid 3 legs for safety and an industrial mounting stud. It’s pretty easy to install the single bulb socket as it has an on and off switch, a lamp and a cord with 9 feet plug included. If you prefer energy saving bulbs then this is ideal, with just 45 watts this bulb saves 80% energy. Furthermore, the 33” white umbrella reflector is made of high-quality nylon construction to diffuse the light from any flash well.
The umbrella is lightweight and easy to setup with the white neutral color temperature. When you use the lights and reflectors it creates a good atmosphere for a beauty photo shoot. The diffusers will create an image with least contrast and the softest light. Grab this lighting package and start taking advanced photos.More Info / Buy on Amazon
- The 45-watt bulbs save 80% energy surely a great deal.
- The stands have a solid locking system for light safety.
5. Fancierstudio lighting Kit (DK2) Umbrella Lighting Kit, Professional Lighting for Studio Photography, Portrait Lighting, continuous lighting kit and Video Lighting
Want a continuous lighting for your studio. This lighting kit is a nice fit for your needs. With the two 33’’ white translucent umbrellas this will reflect and spread the light stream evenly. When in use the safety of your lighting equipment is guaranteed by the locking of the three legs. The two 7.5 tall stands are made of aluminum to make them solid and safe. The lighting is provided by the two 45 watts energy saving bulbs with a color temperature of 5500k balanced.This lighting kit is perfect for advertising product, photo art, and industrial uses.
- Provide a continuous lighting throughout
4. Emart Photography Umbrellas Continuous Lighting Kit, 400W 5500K, 10ft Backdrop Support System with Vinyl Plastic White Wood Floor Background Screen for Photo Video Studio Shooting
What you see is what you will get with this lighting kit. It has a white wood backdrop that is lightweight and easy to carry. The stands are made of aluminum alloy with a height of 83”. Additionally, it has 2 interlocking aluminum adjustable crossbars for added safety. The two black umbrellas soften all sources of light while reflecting more light. On the other hand, the other umbrellas work well to diffuse light to eliminate any glare and spots. Furthermore, the two energy saving bulbs save up to 80% energy. The light holder is made of plastic and aluminum for tough working conditions. The value of this lighting kit is greater than its price to get one for better experience.
- The white wood floor backdrop is lightweight and easy to carry.
- It contains 2 black reflective umbrellas and 2 translucent umbrellas to diffuse light.
3. Julius Studio Photo Studio Kit 6 x 9 ft. Green White Black Muslin Backdrop Screen & Supporting System, Umbrella Reflector, Light Bulb, Soft Box Light Diffuser, Socket, Tripod Light Stand, JSAG195
By: Julius Studio
Want quality images with perfect lighting then use this Julius photo studio. It has three backdrops green, white and black measuring 6’’ by 9”. The backdrop is lightweight, wrinkle resistant and made of fabricated material. When in use the 3 safety leg stages hold it in position with the industrial mounting stud making it more secure. In further addition, it has 2 pieces single headed photo lighting with an on and off switch. For lighting, it uses the 4 energy saving bulbs with a color temperature of 6500k. Finally, it has 2 umbrella reflectors to diffuse light from any reflector. Hurry, and get yours too as it also comes with a carrying case for easy transportation.
- It uses 2 pieces light holder with a softbox reflector.
- It contains different colors backdrop with all made of fabricated material.
2. Neewer 600W 5500K Photo Studio Day-Light Umbrella Continuous Lighting Kit
Want a lighting kit for your photo art then I suggest you try this for your lighting needs. The 2 lightweight umbrellas are easy to install. They are made of quality nylon material that works well to diffuse light. The stands are aluminum made to have enough strength to withstand heavy work. In fact, on top of its head, there is a screw thread for universal mounting. The 45-watt lightweight bulb uses the same amount of energy as the 200 watts regular incandescent bulb. Another feature is the light holder socket that is compatible with the 45-watt bulbs. It also comes with a corded lamp and a 2.8-meter long cord and plug. This professional kit is great for advertising product, photo-art, and technical photography.
- The white umbrella produces neutral color temperature.
- It uses mostly the daylight lighting.
1. Photography Photo Portrait Studio 600W Day Light Umbrella Continuous Lighting Kit by LimoStudio, LMS103
Do not worry about its price but the quality of light that it gives at a fraction speed. When you use the lighting umbrella kit to diffuse light, the camera will be able to capture the best of images. The 33’’ translucent umbrella works well compared to the others to produce an image with the least contrast.
On top of that, the stand has a lever to adjust to the required height with a solid safety lock to keep it in position. It also has a single head photo holding socket with a switch to conveniently put it on or off. The 45-watt spiral shaped bulb is securely fitted on the holder for best of lighting. Buy one today for better lighting of your studio.More Info / Buy on Amazon
- The stand has a height of 86’’ and is height adjustable.
- It uses a single holding socket to hold the bulb.
Also Check: Best LED Foldable Photo Light Boxes Reviews
Why you need a photographic lighting umbrella kit ?
- Reflect light
umbrellas act as diffusers when they reflect the light from the flash gun. The curved fabric they contain makes them function effectively. A lighting umbrella will offer the best lighting for your photographs.
- Light sources
using multiple umbrellas positioned at different angles provides sufficient light. With sufficient light, all the shadows will be removed and the image will appear perfect.
- Eliminate shadows
Taking photos with shadows will definitely affect the quality of the images. Use of a lighting umbrella kit eliminates the shadows as the light reflected through the umbrella diffuses through the curved surface to minimize the shadows.
How to choose a photographic lighting umbrella kit ?
- Umbrella shape:
The umbrella kit comes in different shapes. It can be either regular, parabolic or both softbox and an umbrella. Regular umbrellas have a standard shape. A parabolic umbrella has a more rounded profile. The other one is a hybrid of both softbox and an umbrella.
- Umbrella size:
A very large umbrella will guarantee you a very soft light reflected. Large umbrellas are only suitable if you are working with a large group of people. When working on few photographs you don’t require that powerful light.
The two common styles are the reflective umbrella in which the umbrella inside directs the subject. The other one is shooting through umbrella which the outside is painted through the subject.
Wrap it up
Based on the review conducted all the lighting umbrellas here are of sheer quality and will end up satisfying your needs. You can choose any for the quality of your images as all will perform to your expectations.
Choose any depending on your affordability and personal preference.